I have been making Charlie these cupcakes for years. This is my go-to-recipe anytime I feel like igniting my inner Martha Stewart (its down there somewhere) and make a special doggy treat from scratch. Charlie absolutely LOVES them and he's a picky eater!
This Christmas, I decided to switch things up by making a snowman variation as a thoughtful gift to my dog loving family and friends.
Carrot Cupcake Recipe:
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill rolled oats
- 3 cups of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix shredded carrots, eggs and applesauce into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix cinnamon, rolled oats, flour and xanthan gum in medium bowl.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture into the carrot bowl resulting in a thick dough.
- Place muffin mix into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- Allow cream cheese to soften.
- Mix apple sauce and cream cheese until smooth.
To transform the cupcake into a Snowman, I used Zuke's Mini Naturals treats to for the eyes and mouth; for the nose, I cut carrots into triangular shapes.